- Be able to build things from scratch
- Built scalable, highly available webapps
- RDBMSs, data modeling and schema design
- Clean code and good coding practices
- Strong testing culture
We're looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to grow our team where there's room for everyone to improve their core skills and also get better at mentoring and leadership.
The Senior Backend Engineer role is part of our Services team; the team responsible for building, running, and maintaining our services: Fit Predictor, Style Finder, and Outfit Maker.
- Build and run backend services
- Work in a simple, straightforward architecture
- Participate in architecture discussions
- Implement algorithms designed by data scientists
- Improve your own and your fellow developers skills
As a senior member of a small team, you must be experienced in a number of areas to be productive from day one. Everything else is fair game and you will have the opportunity to learn on the job.
Based in San Francisco with a development office in Budapest, Hungary, Secret Sauce Partners enables the world's largest ecommerce companies to provide the best shopping experiences online. Our products are branded and built into ecommerce web sites and are actively used by over 40 million users. We are well funded, fun, dynamic and growing fast. Join us!
You can touch the business - no matter which team you're at.
What makes our product special
Personal qualities we appreciate
- Team orientation
- Customer care
About the workplace
- Is there lunch break?
- Of course! And often we do it together.
- Men/Women ratio
- 60% / 40%
- How do we give feedback?
- We have two-way sessions every 3 months
Fit Predictor helps shoppers determine the best fitting size for any apparel they wish to buy. Our Visual Recognition Algorithm extracts the stylistic features of each item. Style Finder and Outfit Maker use this information to provide exciting shopping experiences on desktop, mobile and in store.