- Java 8, Spring Boot
- MySql and/or PostgreSql
- AWS and/or Docker
As an engineer at TransferWise your job is to help us achieve our mission: Money without borders - instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free.
With ambitious goals come varied and complex tech challenges - and we need your help to overcome these, to make our product the best it can be and so to change people's lives.
- Understand & solve customer problems
- Design and implement scalable tech solutions
- Push for modularization, security, scaling, etc.
- Define & track KPIs to measure your progress
- Help your team to grow and learn along the way
Who we are
TransferWise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission:
Money without borders - instant, convenient, fair and eventually free.
We built TransferWise cause it solves a problem for hundreds of millions of people. It puts the way money moves back into the hands of ordinary people. We power money for people & businesses - sending, spending and getting paid in any currency, wherever, whenever.
What would I miss if I left?
“I get to work with some of the smartest people. Not only in Europe, but also on this whole planet.”
What makes our product special
About the workplace
- Whom will you work with?
- Looking for revolutionaries :)
- Number of people/office space
- Over 700 worldwide with 30+ in Budapest
- How do we give feedback?
- Very open feedback culture
At TransferWise our mission is: Money without borders - instant, convenient, transparent & eventually free.
But ambitious goals come with complex tech challenges - and our teams need your help to overcome them, to make our product the best it can be & so to change people's lives.
Fraud Prevention is applying latest technologies & tools to build an advanced Fraud Prevention Engine, detecting payment and other types of fraud while Business is crafting from scratch an awesome enterprise product.
- Backend: Java 8, Spring Boot, Grails, PHP, Machine Learning
- Frontend: JS, AngularJS, TypeScript, NodeJS
- Data: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB
- Messaging System: Kafka
- DevOps/CI: Jenkins, GitHub, Circle CI, New Relic, Docker, Terraform, Ansible
- Analytics/Monitoring/Management: Looker, Rollbar, MixPanel, perioscope, JIRA, Confluence
- Design & build scalable software
- Technical analysis & decide on technology roadmap
- Fine-tuning & feature engineering Machine Learning models
- Build UI which provides industry lead experience for customers
- Improving our Investigation UI
- Improve code & data in existing source and enhance relevant data-pipelines
MORE ON THE JOB
At TransferWise we work in self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up that learn from each other.
Teams pick the problems they want to solve. There’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You're your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance & plenty support from talented, super-smart colleagues.
Currently our Business & Fraud Prevention engineering teams are on the hunt for awesome full stack developers.
What we stand for
- Customers > Team > Ego
- No Drama, Good Karma
- Not Just a Job
- We get it done