IBM Budapest Lab
Where video meets cognitive
At IBM Budapest Lab (formerly USTREAM) we develop an online video and live streaming platform and build products and solutions using IBM Watson's cognitive capabilities. Also, we operate as the R&D center of IBM Cloud, creating the future of cloud-based technology.
What makes our product special
Trainings and workshops
We organise conferences like Craft/Amuse/Crunch, also hold regular tech talks and meet-ups.
We have a great access to online courses &Safari books. 20% of our hours is devoted for stability projects.
- Collaboration first!
- Mac or PC
- Bike, public transport or car?
- There is a garage, bicycle storage- we support all
Why we love our office
The great thing about our office is that it's right in the heart of Budapest, surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops, plus we have a balcony with an amazing view of the city center where we organise team events / grill parties together.
We acquire 4 floors within the famous Paris Department Store with lots of collaboration spaces. Dogs are welcome all the time!
Some Tech we use
PHP, Go, MySQL, Redis
RabbitMQ, Docker, Kubernetes
Grafana, Graphite, PagerDuty (edited)
DevOps, Scrum, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Travis CI, Job DSL, Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus, Openduty , Pagerduty,
Linux, Debian , Ubuntu, Amazon
SoftLayer, Bluemix, Ganeti
OpenStack, Juniper, Open vSwitch OpenContrail
Xen, KVM, Chef , Ansible
Terraform, Ruby, HAProxy, Varnish, Apache
MogileFS, Ceph , S3, Cleversafe , MariaDB , Radio Data System (RDS)
About the workplace
- Whom will you work with?
- Experts of future video technology
- How do we give feedback?
- In a continously developing 360 system
- Number of people/office space
- 4 modern levels in an art deco palace
Products / Services
- IBM Cloud Video Streaming Manager
- Watson Video Enrichment
- IBM Cloud Video ECDN
- IBM Cloud Kubernetes Network
- IBM Cloud Content Marketplace
- IBM Cloud Trust Enablement
- IBM Cloud Resource Management Console
- IBM Cloud DevOps Insights