- 1-3 years of experience
- Research methodology
- Digital product development
We would like you to join our team to help our design team to create and maintain our product so that it does not only look amazing but is also enjoyable and engaging in the hands of our users.
Your tasks will be to answer questions of our users and customers by conducting usability tests, interviews, analyzing data, designing surveys, and presenting your findings to ease the decision-making.
- You can start
- you want to understand what our audience is trying to achieve and how they interact with their devices
- you can make objective observations on your own
- you are enthusiast about recruiting participants for usability tests
- you can represent the findings to the stakeholders
- you enjoy working with prototypes
- you can handle unexpected problems or technical difficulties that come up
How to apply
- Application language: English
- Record a usability test (check out your e-mails)
- Social sciences
- Applied arts
- MA degree
- Excellent communication both verbal and written
- Weekly working hours
- 40 hours/week
- Core time
- 10 - 16
- Gross monthly salary range
- 400 000 — 600 000 HUF
Employee stock option
- Recruit users for, conduct and analyse usability test
- Set up, maintain and communicate insights from Google Analytics
- Lead the UX research activities
- Maintain our UX research database
Technologies and tools
How we work
We like to create a safe and comfortable company culture that nurtures independent work and honest, positive feedback. We are results-oriented, no matter the working hours. We have as few meetings as possible and work in an agile way in weekly sprints. We do weekly planning on Mondays and evaluations on Fridays. Each team member has bi-monthly 1-1 discussion with our CEO/CTO.
Your future team
- Team size
- 16-25 person
- Team age range
- 22 - 42
What will you learn
How to get things done on your own initiative
You will get to know the cybersecurity community
How to identify the problems and needs of a niche audience
Your future colleagues
"I love the way we work together, and the fact that we can see the direct contribution of our work. Not one day is like the other!"
Are we flexible?
We believe in work done, not in working hours spent in the office. You are free to work from home, from another town, or from another country.
Teaching developers to write secure software
Avatao helps companies to build a security culture in software engineering with an awesome, hands-on, online security training for developers. We have customers in Europe and we are getting substantial interest in the US. We constantly thrive for better and we are full of surprises. If you like challenges, join us!
The goal of Avatao is to help software teams build a world where software can be trusted. With the rapid pace of software development and the advent of new technologies like IoT, self-driving cars, home automation, advanced robotics, AI, it is more important than ever to build security into these new software products from their inception to avoid incidents of massive scale.
What would I miss if I left?
I love the way we work together, and the fact that we can see the direct contribution of our work. Not one day is like the other!
What makes our product special
Avatao was founded from a side project at CrySyS Lab at BME in Budapest.
The side project became popular and we released the first version of the platform to the public.
We received the first investment and started to conquer the world and we moved into our new office.
Seed funding allows us to expand to international markets, mostly UK/US. Team is expanding.
We moved to a new, bigger, brighter office
How can the employees affect the company’s life?
No bullshit is our motto. Try to keep a flat company structure. We emphasize honesty and are open to hear about new ideas and we have regular team and 1-1 meetings where each one of us has their word.
Trainings and workshops
- Beer, wine or shot?
- Beers, wine and shots!
- Ties or shorts?
Why we love our office
Our office is full of light and it's spacious. We love to hang out together in the huge kitchen, and the whole team can fit into the huge center space, but we also believe in focused, chill concentration, so you can decide whether to work in an open-office space or in a corner office with a view.
Which celebrity would your company be?
Personal qualities we appreciate
- We are super-focused on getting things done
- We think positively open-minded
- We are pro-active
- We help each other
- We are happy to share what we know
- We have a good sense of humor
What makes us awesome
- Startup mindset
- Unique company on a unique market (playing the Premier League)
- Make immediate impact
- Team getting together on a regular basis
- Flexible work environment
- Young team